“May I have some more, please?”…more fun board game time that is!
This board game for 10 year olds, Twist of Fate, is based on Charles Dickens’ novel, Oliver twist. It is London during the beginning of the industrial revolution in the 19th century; a harsh place to live if you are poor. Escaping the degradation of the industrial city and finding sanctuary from the ever-present crime and vice is something only money or luck can provide. Gain luck and shillings and help Oliver twist find sanctuary at Mr. Brownlow’s home by acquiring 8 sanctuary points.
This game is also a great way to introduce the story of Oliver Twist!
- Ages 10 and up
- 2-4 players
- 30 mins playing time
- Strategy, competitive, story based
Why it is a good board game for 10 year olds
- Introduces the all time favorite: Oliver Twist
- Let’s children introduce their imagination to the game – try speaking in an accent while playing!
- Allows children to test their deduction skills
- Makes it possible for children to learn more about “press your luck” activities